Tooth Extraction Toronto
You can always entrust your urgent dental needs, especially tooth extraction, to Smile Garden Dental. We proudly provide pain-free tooth extraction in Toronto to preserve your healthy smile as our paramount priority.
Book an Appointment
All You Need to Know About Tooth Extraction: Procedure, Cost, Aftercare in Toronto
When your teeth are extremely damaged and restorative treatments such as fillings are not useful, your dentist might decide that you need a tooth extraction. During this procedure, the tooth is removed from its socket in the jawbone to protect your overall oral health. Here, we will explore some of the most important things that you need to know about tooth extractions, including the things you should expect when you decide to go through this procedure, the cost of tooth extraction, and the instructions for a smooth recovery.
Smile Garden Dental is here to stand by your side through all your dental journeys. From family dentistry services to professional cosmetic procedures and restorative dental services, we assure you of having a comfortable experience in a modern and friendly atmosphere. Our team of highly skilled dentists is committed to assessing your individual case with precision and bringing your beautiful smile back to you, making it brighter and healthier.
Do You Need Tooth Extraction Services in Junction, Toronto?
Smile Garden Dental is where you should stop if you need the help of a top-rated dental professional who is an expert at providing gentle tooth extraction in Toronto & the neighborhood.
Moreover, our clinic, Smile Garden Dental is well-reputed to provide exceptional cosmetic dental treatments including, teeth whitening, dental implants, and Invisalign. Call us immediately if you need more information in this regard.
Types of Tooth Extraction
Based on the condition of the tooth that is being extracted, such as its place, severity of damage, and number of roots, the extraction procedure can be divided into two types: simple extraction and surgical extraction. Both of these treatments can be done by either a general dentist or an oral surgeons.
These extractions are typically done when the tooth is visible in the mouth and can be accessed by the dentist. This method is useful for the teeth that are fully erupted, have a single root, and are not damaged too much.
The process of extracting a tooth that is easily accessible and single-rooted is usually very quick and pain-free. This procedure involves:
- Anesthesia: the dentist applies local anesthesia to numb the area to prevent the patient from feeling pain during the procedure.
- Loosening the Tooth: Your dentist will use tools like elevators and forceps to loosen the tooth within its socket.
- Extraction: The tooth is then removed from its socket using forceps.
- Aftercare: After extraction, biting down on a piece of gauze will help you control the bleeding.
Surgical extraction is done in more complex dental issues, for example:
– When the tooth cannot be accessed by the dentist,
– It has several roots.
– Impacted teeth such as not fully erupted wisdom teeth need to be removed.
– Extraction of the teeth that are broken at the gum line.
- Anesthesia: Similar to a simple extraction, local anesthesia is applied to minimize the pain of the surgery. Depending on the situation, additional sedation might be used.
- Incision: To access the tooth, the dentist may need to make an incision in the gum tissue.
- Bone Removal: Some of the bone may also be removed to access the tooth.
- Sectioning the roots: If the tooth has several roots, the dentist may divide them into sections to remove them more easily.
- Suturing: The dentist will suture the incision to promote proper healing.
- Aftercare: Surgical extractions need more post-extraction care. The dentist may prescribe pain medications and provide patients with instructions to take care of the surgical area.
Tooth Extraction Near Me , in Toronto, Ontario
How Necessary Are Tooth Extractions?
Although saving your natural teeth is always the priority, sometimes there is no other option than pulling the tooth. Reasons which may lead to a tooth extraction include:
- Gum disease: If you suffer from severe gum disease, you may have the experience of your teeth becoming loose. In such a situation, an extraction is suggested.
- Crowded teeth: When there isn’t enough space in your mouth for all of the teeth to be aligned properly, the dentist may need to remove teeth for orthodontic treatments or creating enough room for an erupting tooth.
- Severe tooth decay: Tooth decay happens when the bacteria and pathogens in your mouth produce infectious substances. If the tooth decay is so severe that it cannot be treated with root canal treatment, extraction becomes necessary.
- Impacted wisdom tooth: Since impacted wisdom teeth can lead to pain, infection, or damage to the adjacent teeth, extraction is done to treat such problems.
Tooth Extraction or Root Canal Treatment?
There are two options when a tooth becomes severely damaged and infected: Root Canal Treatment and Tooth Extractions. Let’s see what happens through each process and what you should consider when deciding between a root canal treatment and a tooth extraction to regain your oral health.
What Is Root Canal Treatment?
This treatment involves removing the infected pulp from inside your tooth, cleaning the space, and filling and sealing it to stop the infection from spreading to other areas. The purpose of this treatment is to treat the infection and preserve the natural teeth.
What Are the Advantages of Root Canal Treatment?
- Your natural teeth will be saved through this procedure.
- You will regain the natural function of your teeth.
What About Tooth Extraction?
As we discussed earlier, tooth extraction is the act of removing a tooth from its socket in the jawbone. When confronted with severe damage in one of your teeth, pulling it out can be a quicker procedure compared to root canal treatment.
How to Decide Between Root Canal Treatment and Extraction?
Preserving your natural teeth is usually better for your oral health, and obviously, your natural tooth functions better than an artificial one. However, if the damage is too severe and a tooth poses the risk of infection and damage to other teeth, extraction may be necessary.
Although tooth extraction may seem like a cheaper and quicker option with less complication, you need to know that when a tooth is extracted, the empty space needs to be filled with a replacement tooth. Otherwise, the alignment of the remaining teeth will be changed, and they will gradually move to fill the empty space. This may lead to aesthetic and functional problems that are hard to fix. To avoid this, you will need to return to your dentist’s office for additional tooth replacement procedures, namely dental implants or dental bridges, which consequently will increase the overall cost and treatment period.
Wondering which option is best for you? At Smile Garden Dental, we offer free consultations to help you make a well-informed decision. Also, if you are searching for professional, pain-free tooth extraction in Toronto, we are only a phone call away. Fill out our online patient form or call us to schedule your appointment.
Be Our Next Happy Patient
Cost of Tooth Extraction
Pulling your teeth out can cost differently depending on several factors:
- Whether it’s a simple or surgical extraction.
- Whether you have dental insurance. If tooth extraction is covered by your dental insurance, the overall cost will be reduced.
- Additional costs for restorative treatments such as dental bridges, dental implants, or sedation.
- Payment plans or financing options.
At Smile Garden Dental, we offer affordable and competitive tooth removal prices in Toronto to help you maintain your oral health even on a tight budget. So, if you reside in Ontario and you want to know more about the cost of tooth extraction in Toronto, contact us, and we will provide the full price details for your individual case.
How Do We Perform Our Tooth Extraction Procedure?
Removing damaged teeth involves several steps that are listed below:
Tooth Extraction Aftercare
Tooth Extraction Near Me in Toronto, Ontario
If you are looking for a reliable dental clinic in Ontario to get your tooth extracted, you can trust Smile Garden Dental for its top-notch dental services. Located in Junction, Toronto, our clinic has a modern and friendly atmosphere in which you can have a smooth procedure, conducted by our team of experienced and caring dentists who prioritize your comfort and well-being. You can easily schedule your appointment right now and leave the rest to us.
FAQs About Tooth Extraction
Tooth extraction or complete tooth removal can be considered the last resort among the available dental treatment options. With the help of our knowledgeable tooth extraction expert, we provide a list of common questions our patients ask before their treatments begin to make well-informed about this beneficial treatment.
The duration varies, with simple extractions typically taking a short time, while surgical extractions may be more time-consuming. The overall process, including preparation and recovery, can take a few hours.
There is a minimal risk of infection if you follow proper aftercare. Your dentist will prescribe antibiotics if necessary and provide tips on keeping the extraction site clean.
It’s best to avoid smoking during the initial healing period, as it can increase the risk of complications and slow down the recovery process.
Depending on the specific dental issue, alternatives such as root canal treatment or other restorative procedures may be considered. Your dentist will discuss the available options based on your individual case.